Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Wedding Party Bridal Show

Well, after many hours of planning for this bridal show the day arrived. This past Sunday was The Wedding Party Bridal Show at the Hyatt Regency in La Jolla. It was unlike any bridal show I had been to. It was organized beautifully and felt very boutiquish (if that's even a word).
My best friend Stacy and her mom Kathy helped me "man" the booth. I could not have done this without Stacy. She has been such a support and help through this entire process. She is a genius with creative design and floral arrangements. I am going to post on her floral arrangements for the show soon. I have to premise by saying that I had no choice in the table cloths. The theme of the show was "That's Amore" so they had specific colors. Just in case you were wondering why the orange was so bright :)


Stacy had the brilliant idea of setting up some of my cards in coffee beans. I loved it. Didn't it look great?


-Here are Kathy, me and Stacy in front of the booth. We all had matching outfits on. We thought it would look better. It did attract more attention that way :)


-One of the belly bar tables with one of my albums, business cards (in coffee beans) and a floral arrangement



-A pic of my promo cards on the back table (also in coffee beans)



-The final product. You can see the flowers on the sides. I can't tell you how many brides wanted Stacy to do their flowers.


We had a great time! We met so many wonderful people. I am looking forward to see what 2008 has in store :)
Hugs to you all

14 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so happy for you. The setup looks beautiful and you seem to have done a wonderful job. I believe 2008 will bring so much for you guys! Good Luck.

nel said...

your booth looks fantastic, Melissa! the orange actually works with the green in your brand colors. very classy display! are those canvas prints you hung? or are they mounted on styrene? your images look great! best wishes to you! i hope you got a lot of leads!

Unknown said...

This is sooo lovely. I would hire you just by seeing this booth. It is amazing. I love the flowers, the matching outfits and I bet they took all the senses home with them with those great coffee beans. I looove this idea. How creative. When I do a bridal show I must call you all and you can help me. I love your colors. Are those brochures in the beans on the first one, or CD's?? They are lovely. Congratulations! I hope you book tons of weddings from this.

Hybrid Photography said...

What a cute booth! LOVE the flowers!

Unknown said...

Everything looks so great! You did a good job coordinating colors with the orange and using it to your advantage. All that hard work leading up to it and it's over now...get some rest :-)Hope you get tons of bookings out of this too!!

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Your booth was amazing! It really stood out more than any other booth there. It was so fresh, modern and vibrant and displayed your work perfectly. And you did an amazing job of workin' that bright orange tablecloth color into your decor!

NixonsMamma said...

Wow, I had NO idea this is what you were working on! Great job, Missi!! Talk about impressive! I know it will bring in great business to you!
Love Love Love the flowers and coffeebeans! When's the next one? :)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

melissa the booth looked.......AWESOME!! you're gonna rake in the biz! we all wish you blessings and continued success! go get em!

Ruby Rideout said...

Wow, it's a beautiful setup! It seemed like it was forever away and it came before you knew it!
Hope you have a lot of prospective clients my dear!

Anonymous said...

Who do you have print your press products? I love the coffee bean idea!

Melissa Koehler said...

I have Got Print do my postcards and business cards

Lindsey Joy said...

How exciting! Your booth was perfect.... pretty, elegant, plus I bet it smelled great! I hope you get a lot of leads.

rowena said...

Wow! That looks great! I love all the ideas you came up with.

Leah Simmers said...

you are so darn amazing and you have come so far, you inspire me so much. Everything looks so amazing, I'm so proud of you for all you have done. FAntastic job!